Image Map

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Jackson's First Birthday

We celebrated J's first birthday over Memorial Day weekend!
He won't remember this party (which well-intentioned strangers reminded me several times). But it was more a celebration for us!  We were celebrating our miracle child!

We did a circus theme for the party, complete with yummy food, Clown Noses, Crazy Straws, a Ring of Fire beanbag toss, Bounce House, Knock the Can beanbag toss, and a Bubble Station.  
(Thanks so D's cousin J {find her at Bright Side Prints} for letting us borrow the carnival booths and our friends L and C for letting us borrow the bounce house!  Thanks to my in-laws for letting us use your lawn.  And thanks to my parents, siblings and in-laws for helping with all the set up!)

The kids loved all the stations, but the bounce house was the favorite!

We put up our easy-upturned it into a circus tent!  I got 12 plastic table cloths from the dollar store (6 red, 6 white) and strung them up to create a circus tent effect under the easy-up and then put balloons in the center.  I loved it!  We also hung banners that my friend A and I had made - one said "One is Fun" and the other one had pictures of J that I had taken every month.
 
Under the easy up was all the food stuffs and a few decorations.  We just did hot dogs, chips and watermelon.  Easy peasy.  I also had 4 centerpiece type things on the table - dollar store vases filled with gum balls, 2 large lolly pops with a "1" on them, and a colored pin-wheel.  I had some clown noses in a vase on the table and those were so fun!  While many of them were used as ammunition between the kids, many people wore them (at least for a couple pictures) and they were awesome!  For party favors, I just did bubbles.  Again, shooting for easy.

J's smash cake was the most darling thing ever!!  My friend A made it - isn't it amazing?!

 And J loved it!

The birthday party was perfect.  It was a wonderful way to celebrate J and the darling boy that he is!  We so loved gathering with friends and family and partying!

I can't wait until next year!
(I mean, I totally can - someone tell J to stop growing already!)

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I am just seeing this circus birthday party on pinterest! Love your ideas! Where did you get your template for the signs and thank you table? Also, the food stickers? Do you have a download you could share?? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making my 2 year old a Wonder Pets party and these colors would lend themselves well. Do you have a template you can share for the food stickers and cupcake tags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the red container that the animal crackers are in? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...